Your artist image resource : how to dress well as a musician
Every famous musician you can think of has something that makes them stand out, right? Think of the most influential bands/artists off the top of your head. What unique style do you see? Pinpointing how to dress well as a musician can be one of the most arduous tasks.
You might be wondering where to start: whether you are a boy or a girl, jazz, blues or rock musician. Just remember your image can start trends. Keep it simple and stick with a white t-shirt and jeans or go all out in a cocktail dress. Let us help with the process. Use this as a resource to your ultimate artist image:
- Are you going to go with the stereotype of your genre or against?
- With- The Beach Boys- American rock band from California, follow the California style
- Against- My Chemical Romance- American rock band from New Jersey- you wouldn’t say their music is anything close to emo or heavy metal but their look shows differently
- Have the mindset you can make anything happen
- Miley Cyrus for goodness sake sings on top of a giant hotdog
- Lana Del Rey with the flower headband that is now part of the “basic white girl uniform”
- How outlandish are you willing to be?
- Lady Gaga will continuously be ridiculed for her outlandish, yet publicity producing ways
- Might not be outlandish, but iconic- Willie Nelson and his braided, bandana hair
- Or you can just think you are equivalent to God, like Kayne West, and other artists like The Chainsmokers will make songs about wanting to be you
- Get a slogan going
- I am a Fanilow of Barry Manilow
- A look with a “lifetime membership”
- e. Kiss– Gene Simmons is now 65 years old and still rocking his black and white face paint
- John Lennon sunglasses for Ray ban need I say more- all these hipsters are sporting them around
At this point it doesn’t matter what you choose to make “happen” you just need to STICK WITH IT